Sunday, April 07, 2002

Another day on the farm... Yesterday we went grocery shopping. OMG!! We spent over $400 dollars on food and our fridge is packed! We've been eating beans and rice for so long it's nice to get some good stuff. I bought a hugh boneless lamb roast. It was only $2.50 an pound. I'm gonna marinade that sucker and invite all my friends for a BBQ soon. My mouth is watering already.

Of course, because we were out of town we didn't get back in time for my friends wedding. Oops, I hope he forgives me. From what I understand they had their "formal" wedding in Oakland at the As stadium. He's a major baseball fans. So, this ceremony was just for their local friends.

I got to order the rest of my Iron Warriors army from Games Workshop. Once it comes in later this month I have to paint all 33 models for Kublacon. I'm so looking forward to the convention. A member of the gaming club I belong to in Mordor sent me a set of guidelines for building an army for tournament play. I thinnk I'm right on the money with my Iron Warriors. He said that tournament armies tend to be underpowered and get their butts kicked by players who don't care about getting high scores on army composition. But, my list has 14 heavy weapons in it including lascannons, heavy bolters, missle launchers, and a Earthshaker cannon! That's the good thing about Iron Warriors is that they get 4 heavy weapons choices instead of the usual 3. I firmly believe that I can outgun any other army I face, even if I don't go first.

My wife and I have really been excited about getting the business going. My chat with Zouave gave me aot of great ideas. I think to start out we are going to draft a micro business plan for the internet stuff. That would require only about $3,000 bucks instead of $35,000. A small loan from the local redevelopment agency would be much easier to get.

Finally, lately I've been following the whole Palestine/Israeli war thing. Especially the fight in and around the Church of the Nativity in Bethleham. This whole thing has got me pretty upset. And I am hating the western media coverage of this event. I found a great website that lists news from around the world that has anything to do with Armenia(good or bad). I believe that Israel has a right to defend itself. But, I think all their problems to date stem from their brutal treatment of the Palestinians. I don't think any political solution can be reached, and this thing is gonna escalate. Without justice there can be no peace.