Saturday, April 13, 2002

That's it!.... I'm off the codine. Today I slept until 1 in the afternoon. I just couldn't wake up!

Heard some more about my friend in the hospital. Apparently, he's lost sensation on his right side because of the stroke. He lost his power of speech and he's stuck in a hospital bed for now. I guess he's really got a taste of his mortality and has swore off smoking. God I hope that is the case. I truly pity anyone who smokes. I lost my mother in 2000 to lung cancer.

I need to start making progress on my Iron Warriors army. It's been sitting on my shelf for about a week collecting cobwebs. My goal is to get what I have done by the time the rest of my army gets here so that I can start painting them without distraction. I've made alot of progress so far, but I can't let that make me complacent. I am looking forward to fielding these shiny guys at the con. Did I say that before?

I got a few of the items this week that I ordered from Ebay. I bought my wife a lovely chainmail necklace with inlayed stones. It'll go great wth her new medieval dress. I also received several items including the latest White Dwarf magazine, a Khorne Juggernaut, and some Dark Eldar stuff for my wifes army. BTW - she really needs to start painting as well.

I've really been feeling guilty lately. I've been watching my kids at softball practice and I can tell that they are so far behind the other kids. Where we live it seems everybody is getting their kids involved with local sports. So there is alot of competition to be good. Unfortunately, my kids have lived the past 8 years in Mordor where there is little or nothing to do. However, I know that if they continue to work as hard as they have they will get caught up and be that much better for it. I truly believe in the inner strength that each of my children have.

For the past few days we've been hanging out with Stout. He's got me talked into running a D & D game for everyone. It's been so long and the game has changed so much. But, I have to admit I like the changes in the new edition. We'll see how it turns out... this weekend we're supposed to roll up characters.