Friday, April 05, 2002

Well, I had a great visit with my friend Zouave yesterday. We met at around 3pm and went to lunch. Then we went to the park and talked until about 8:30pm. We had alot of catching up to do. It was good to see him again and to hear his voice again. I could see that the past two years have been hard on him. I'm sorry for that. But, in many ways time heals. I hope that we can do more together in the future to rekindle the friendship we once had.

Some bad news though. Zouave lives with my other former friend Bear and he told me alot about his current mindset. I fear that I can never salvage that relationship, which is too bad. I really liked being around Bear. But as Zouave said Bear has other friends he is content with so why bother with me. Oh well, I guess it's what I deserve. Maybe sometime later I'll expalin why I scorned Bear so much in the past.

Going back to Zouave... he was excited about the prospect of getting in on an internet business with me. I'm convinced now more than ever that it would work. I just need to find a source of capitol. I have some ideas... more on that later.

Well, today I finally got a check from the insurance company. It's about time because I'm behind on my bills. I think those bastards are playing a game with me. My check was held up in Mordor for two days. Mail normally gets here from there in one day. hmmmmm

Also, I spoke to my lawyer today. I guess my former employer wants me to go back to work on modified duty. HA! I know what that is... They want to give me the crappiest job they can so that I'll quit. Frankly, the thought of returning to Mordor without my family and dealing with their BS politics is rather repugnant to me. I think I'll save them the trouble and refuse to go back. If I'm cleared for work I'll just find a job here. Maybe I'll get back into radio. :-)

Some good news... my friend/hero finally found a house, and it's here in town. I'm so happy for him because he gets to keep his dogs. He really is a good guy. I wish the best for him and pray for him. I figure he paid his dues in Vietnam and so he shouldn't have to put up with this kind of BS. Unfortunately, this world doesn't seem to agree with me.