Ugh!!! I can't stand tooth pain. My simple toothache has now turned into an abscest. At least the pain has subsided some. Tommorrow I go to see the dentist to get something done. On the good side, I got to eat my first real meal tonight. My loving wifey brought me home some chicken. Yum!! But, I did suffer for it later. :-(
I spent all day sitting in front of the computer not wanting to do anything. I feel guilty because my children have been wanting some attention from me. I guess I'll make it up to them this weekend. I've decided not to go to the Civil War reenactment.
Heard from another friend of mine today named Stout who still lives in the local area. He saw my wife at work and got my phone number. Apparently, he has a whole mess of Dungeons and Dragons stuff and wants me to run a game. I had a reputation here, before we moved to Mordor in 1994, for running great D & D games. I guess I'll give it try. I'm kinda burnt out on running Vampire and Werewolf games (don't tell my wife, she loves playing vampire). Anyway, Stout knows how to get in contact with several people in the area that I haven't seen in a long time. I'll be good to make some more connections.
Finally, I heard tonight that an old friend from Mordor suffered a stroke. I used to reenact with him. He smoked like a chimney which caused some problems with his arteries. A few years ago he had angioplasy on his legs to restore circulation. I guess this stroke is part of that same condition. He tried to quit but, just like my Mom, he just couldn't break the addiction. I'll pray for him to recover. He's a good guy and another one of my heros.