Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Musings


So, recently I took to writing on the notepad of my phone.  Since I am clearing my phone out before the trip, I have decided to transcribe some of these gems into this blog for posterity.  Enjoy!
__________________________________________________________________

06-08-2015

The wrong that was made right
My footsteps are on the trail of ghosts
My strength, like the sail of a ship
The wind at my back is the urging of my ancestors

I go this night to find a child that is lost to us.
Innocence taken by bloodthirsty jackles

Mother Moon, help me to show her the magic of the world
Help me to teach her of our ancestors
Help me to wake her to the suffering of Mother Earth

By my claws I will right this wrong
By my roar I will claim victory over this injustice
With their strength behind me I will take back the children lost
Through me they will live the dream that was denied
That not one more drop of our sacred blood will be lost.

Though we may only have a short time together
may I be allowed to answer the question her soul holds
May she never doubt that she was wanted
May she live her life knowing that this cloud of ghosts stand behind her as well
May she become like our Mother Moon,
a vigilant, gentle and loving light in the darkness.
---------------------------------------------

I wrote this while on the way to get my granddaughter for the summer.  It was a sweet reunion, I had not seen her for several years.  I hope to do the same this summer.