Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Musings pt II

Musings after Midnight  06-13-15

Exhaustion is a wonderous thing.
It takes the logic from the philosopher
It takes the zeal from the fanatic
It takes compassion from the saint
It humbles the proud
It puts everyone in their rightful place
face down asleep

Mother Moon  08-24-15

Alas my mother the Moon
In solitude you drift on sable seas
Peaceful and silent is your watch
Like a faithful guardian you wait,
and you listen

I look to you in sorrow,
searching for the words to lift from my burdened heart
Softly you whisper with a mother's voice
Be happy my child, I see you, I watch you,
and I am here for you.
You are not alone

In a way that no logic can grasp you comfort me.
Your silvery arms do hold me tight
Your cool breath gives me life amongst the trees
I am forever your child, and I am not alone.

Rejection  08-27-15

I do not belong in this world.
I do not belong in this world.
I am a fossil of a lost age that this world rejects.

In my dreams I see smiling, laughing faces of children in colorful clothing
They frolic with animals that are like their siblings
They are in green fields that remain unpierced by fence, pole, or blade
The winds and clouds blow gently past
They do not know pain, hunger or fear.

I belong in the trees.
My path lies in the quiet forests
The earth is my mother
and she does not reject me.

Where is my world?