The gift was relentless, the glory would not leave. Despite that it came to a pitiful, frightful shell. Each time I felt it coming, and each time I hid in the familiar trees. Not knowing why this came to me, but knowing that I was unaccepted. I could not accept the ecstasy of running wild.
I would sit in the Temple of Terrified Smiles, knowing that I didn't belong. Listening to their message of false hope. Knowing that if they saw me, they would fear. So, I remained ashamed. I told the shepherd once about the Burning Woman, he told me about demons and filled me with more fear. He offered to save me, he even prayed to the Silent God for me. Yet the God-that-was-Sacrificed did not speak to me, because he knew.
I was once at a feast with the Flock of Terrified Smiles, they were playing games and laughing. I felt the glory come upon me, so I ran into the familiar woods in fear. In the trees and bushes I sat with shame. My spirit wanted to run and be free but I remained unprepared. Then, a girl saw me. She came close and I trembled. She called to me and I was naked and ashamed. She came too close, and I ran away. Hiding in the forest, I trembled and cried. Terror, shame and sadness became my iron shackles. When the glory left me, I returned to the feast. The shepherd was furious with me. The food was gone, and the games were over. But, I saw the girl again. I felt fear, but she did not recognize me. She only spoke of the wolf in the trees.