Saturday, February 28, 2004

We had a relatively good day today. It was my wife's first day off from her job. But, we didn't do anything special. No money still. Anyway, I continue to wait and hope for Ole Miss to let me know if they want me. The funny thing is that the more I think about it the more I really want to go back to school. That campus really impressed me and I think I'd do good at that place. It might do a lot to refocus my attitude about the world to finish out my education. I think I'm going to be really bummed out if it doesn't happen.

I spoke to my Dad on the phone yesterday. I didn't say a thing about the "brother" slip up. I plan to coyly ask him when he comes to visit in a couple weeks. Lately, it hasn't bothered me much. In fact, I haven't thought about it at all. It seems absurd that something like this would have been kept from me for such a long time. It has to be a mistake... I hope it is.

My wife goes back to work tomorrow. I'm kinda dreading it because I miss her a lot when she is gone. Sounds ridiculous eh? Anyway, I don't like where she is working. It's a low end, low paying, low appreciation job. It hurts me deeply to drop her off there and to see her in her "uniform". She doesn't complain about it at all. In fact, I think she likes it. It just shows the difference in us I guess. She is the salt of the earth, and I have my head in the clouds looking for a better day. Thank God for her and her practicality.