Sunday, February 22, 2004

Forgiveness Sunday, along with our anniversary, has come and gone. We didn't go to Church again. Something always seems to get in the way. It's too bad to because I think the kids really look forward to going to Liturgy. Especially my oldest of which I am very pleased.

Had quite a scare yesterday which turned into a major fight between the wife and I. My second oldest daughter went to stay the night at a friends house after school on Friday. Well, the wife gave her permission and wrote her a note allowing her to get off the bus at her friends house. Well, the next day rolls around and I ask my wife to call and get directions so we can get our girl. She said she forgot to get the address or phone #. So, we had no idea even where our daughter was. I was furious!!! After not hearing anything I insisted that we file a missing persons report with the Sheriffs office. We also tried calling everyone in the county with the same last name as the girl without any luck. Finally, the friends mother called the SO and found out we were searching for our daughter. A long story short, I met the mother and got my girl back. Of course, the wife and I fought into the night about the thing putting a dark palor over today. I admittedly came down hard on her. But, I just didn't want this kind of thing happening again. I dealt with too many missing children report when I was a cop to take it lightly.

Tommorrow we go to find out if it's possible for us to get addmitted into Mississippi State University. Despite the fact that I would really like to go to that school, I strongly doubt we can be admitted. It's the kind of place that honor students struggle to get into. We'll see what happens anyway and, of course, I'll keep you posted.

Finally, we got a call this morning from Tess. She wanted to wish us a happy anniversary. It was good to hear from her. Nothing new on her end I think. She hinted that things weren't going well with her boyfriend. I think he is suspicious of her time on the Internet. She says he keeps changing the password on the computer. It's too bad they have to live like that. Mistrusting someone you love is hard business.