Monday, February 23, 2004

It is comical how things happen. Hopes and dreams are dangerous things. Today we went to Ole Miss to talk with a counselor about getting admission. The lady I spoke to seemed very positive about our prospects and did a lot to instill an interest in me. As we drove through the town of Oxford I could see that I could like the place. It's a little hilly, and it's not over developed. There was a quaintness to the town. I was actually hopeful about going there and perhaps even looking forward to it. I was in a good mood for once... Then, after coming home we got the news. There was a snag in the sale of my mother-in-laws house and she is staying where she is at for now. We were relying on her presence to help out with the kids, and the bills while we attended school. So much for hopes and dreams I guess.

My wife was especially hit hard by the news and it took a lot for me to cheer her up(inside joke). Still, I think for the long term she will be down in the dumps.

I don't really know what we will do now. I can go ahead and apply for school but, even if it comes through we might be sunk. We could make the trek back home, but that presents an ocean of problems unto itself.

So it seems that we have come back to the sailing analogy... Like a ship set adrift on the ocean.