Saturday, March 30, 2002

Today we went to the local park so that the kids could take part in the annual Easter egg hunt. The paper said the Elks club bought and dyed over 7,000 eggs for the event. Each of my 6 kids got about a dozen eggs apiece. Plus two of them found prize eggs and got a chocolate bunny. Not too bad!

Later in the day I went to my friends bachleor party. It sucked because he didn't show. So me and a dozen other guys played a round of golf. Actually, I didn't play because my shoulder hurt. But, I watched and had a great time. Got to drive the cart and play caddie. As you can guess, we didn't go to Oregon so no strippers. :-(

Some sad news... Another good friend and personal hero of mine called me yesterday. Apparently, his landlord hasn't been paying his mortgage so the bank is selling his house in two weeks. He called to see if I wanted some of his stuff. I agreed to take his cat and care for it until he can find another place. His problem is that he has several dogs that he's quite attached to. It's hard to find a place who will accept animals. I think it should be a law that landlords can't restrict pet ownership. Pets are important to people. Of course, every money grubbing landlord I've ever dealt with had a yard full of dogs at their own home. I guess the poor are too stupid to take care of animals.