Had a great day today. We took the kids out to the park and played softball. Three of my daughters joined local softball teams this year so, we're trying to get them ready. Had a great time. I didn't know that my wife was such a slugger. She can really hit a ball. She scored over 10 runs by herself! Of course, the outfield was all my youngest kids and they couldn't catch worth beans :-)
We also took a trip to a local waterfall. We managed to get there despite all the snow. Last time, the road was completely blocked. Anyway, the kids had a great time. We plan to go back in the summer.
I'm starting to realize today that, in a way, I am getting younger in this place. Sounds crazy? Let me explain. Where I used to live, in Mordor, I never did anything with my wife and kids. It was always about work. In that place you had to drive so far to go anywhere warm... even in the summer. I'm such an outdoor person that it really cramped my style. I realized today that the entire 8 years I lived there was almost a waste. Now it's like I'm waking up from a bad dream and I'm alive again. I have to make up alot of lost time to my kids. I am first and foremost a father, and I swear I will carry out my sacred duty to my offspring
My wife told me today that she feels young in her heart again. That makes me feel good. I'm not the only one.