Ha ha ha ha!!! I got a phone call today from my former supervisor at the job in Morder. He said effective immediately they are suspending my termination. I asked why and he said it was a decision with personnel. They must have got word that my workman's comp claim was accepted. It's funny because he was quite civil to me. He must have realized that I was really injured and not faking like they had hoped. What a bunch of pee wits. It's good to be vindicated :-)
On to other things... I took a nice hike today with my son. We walked along the shore of Lake Siskiyou. It was so good to hear the wind in the trees and to smell the lake and the forest. I can tell that Spring is coming to this place and it is so nice. I feel so thankful to God for everything he has given me.
I heard from my old friend yesterday. He surprised me. I thought he would be opposed to meeting me face to face. But, he agreed to meet me for lunch next week. I wonder if I surprised him by knowing his address(I've been doing my homework). He did however confirm that's where he lives. :-)
Another friend of mine from way past put a bug in my ear about a project he wants to start. He wants to buy land near here and build a Iron Age style village. I've been thinking alot about it lately. We've always talked about building "SCA Land". I know it sounds a bit crazy but, the whole project could be a retreat for people who want to live like our ancient forefathers did. A sort of medieval encampment or dude ranch. We could also explore the possibility of growing "old world" crops as a study of farming techniques. Who knows, maybe we could even get a grant for the project from a local University. We'll see...
Finally, I need to repaint my Cultists. I gave them grey clothing and it looks too bright. I'm gonna repaint them a drab brown or a green. I wish I had some bits of wrenches and tools to give them as well. In the history of the Iron Warriors it says their slaves were all mechanics. Oh well...cest' la vie.
Oh, one more thing. My oldest daughter told me that her teacher has raised her grade because she turned in all her old homework. Report cards come out soon so I will see for myself. I am making her do an extra credit report on Armenia anyway. It is time that she learn about her ancestors and about the sins that the Turks have committed against us. "It is the doom of man that they forget" Merlin - Excaliber.