We had a spectacular thunderstorm today, followed immediately by pouring rain. It was the kind of rain that only comes in the springtime. The kind of rain that brings hope of a new day and the end of hard times. The kind of rain that heralds the end of winter. It made my heart glad.
I look to the future and our choice and the coming hardship with anticipation. Like standing before a rite of passage and savoring not the coming pain but the glory and happiness that comes afterwards. This must have been what it was like for settlers preparing to make the passage across the country in covered wagons. Funny how we take nearly the same route with nearly the same starting point. Fortunately for us the trip will take a few days instead of several months.
My daughter continues to improve and is in remarkably good spirits today. She got to play vollyball, and from what I understand won, which is a very good sign. The doctor thinks she'll be coming home after this weekend. It'll be good to have her back because her presence here has been sorely missed.
Yesterday I played another of my now weekly games with SC. He is a great player and a good sport. Of course, I lost but that is expected. With him it is not the joy in winning but simply the joy in playing. That is rare to find in the world of tabletop gamers, and a trait that I wished I possessed. He is a remarkable person and one that I can call a true friend. Of anything that I will miss in this place, it will be him.