All is very well again in the Kalayjian household. The doctor called and said he thought that my oldest was right as rain again and ready to come home. He said literally that staying in the facility would do her no more good. So, I brought her home today to a surprise party. Everyone was so happy with her return. As I write this she is settled in her own bed snoring away.
I am very pleased at her progress and her desire to get things back on track. I am however worried about sending her back to school. I just don't trust all the people, from the students to the faculty, that helped drive her into this situation. She wants to see her friends again that she cares about. I'm still trying to formulate a plan to accomodate that.
I've been in a real good mood lately. Ever since I came to the conclusion that my daughter is well, and we decided to move back to Siskiyou. I guess I feel like if I am in a place where I am comfortable, and I fit in, and I have family and true friends around me that care, then I can do anything. Maybe I'll work to start up the business again or even go back to school. I've even tossed around the idea of taking a part-time job and working as a reserve police officer. My Armenian friend is still on the department and he might be able to help me go to work there. Eventually, it might even turn into a full time position. Who knows!
Anyway, ideas are in the works. We just have to focus on the short term obstacles and take it one step at a time. I know it'll be hard, but it is do-able. And like before, once it is done and we are settled, it'll be like waking up from a dream again.