Monday, July 22, 2002

Well, here I sit.... Several glasses of wine later. I'm a glorified babysitter. The kids are getting ready to go to the pool. I've been spending time online today reading my past blogs. It's funny because I've seemed to go from a man happy with his new life to one that is broken and depressed. I'd say that's about right.

I haven't been drunk in quite some time. I get pretty bad hangovers. But, today I said what the Hell.

I don't understand people who drink hard alcohol. It tastes aweful and hammers you too hard. i prefer to drink wine that slowly gets you drunk and tastes pretty good. I've finished half a bottle so far.

My inlaws are a puzzle to me. Here I am an intelligent and gentle man who takes care of their grandchildren. I don't drink... Very often. I don't do drugs. I don't abuse anyone. Yet I'm just not good enough. Every time I talk to them it's this stiff and uncomfortable conversation. My wife and I have been together for 15 years. You'd think they'd try to just get to know me. Perhaps like my Father they just hope I die.

Alot of the time I look on my life and I wish I would have stayed in the Army. Thnigs woud be much easier if I was a killer in a foreign land. To strike out at my enemies would be easier than trying to cooperate and make everyone happy. The damned insurance company toys with me as well as my former employer. Then I have to drive around this town and see all the well to do bastards with their shiny cars and their expensive clothes. I'm left to wonder how they made their money. Perhaps I don't really want to know.

What really pisses me off is when people tell me I have such well behaved children. These jerks don't realize that I have no fear of giving the kids the belt if they act up. Yet their little ingrates run around acting up and disrespecting everyone. To hell with this social experiment laid out by the political correct crowd. Kids should be able to express themselves. But, not at the expense of everyone around them. Basically, we are all animals and need to be trained.

I've been thinking... If I was a milionaire I stil wouldn't invest in the stock market. First of all, I believe it's like a casino and rigged to allow the rich to win. Second, the damn thing fluctuates so much I couldn't see putting my hard earned money at risk. Sure, I bet the thing has made loads of people rich. But, I doubt if I have the patience to ride the thing out.

Well, I'm rambling as I'm sure you can see. Besides, the wine is really kicking in. As I wrote this I finished the bottle.

Later