Sunday, July 21, 2002

"Road to Perdition" is a good movie. If you get a chance go see it. I had a little trouble with Tom Hanks as a mob hitman but otherwise it was good.

I took the kids to the local fish hatchery yesterday for a kids fishing day. Everyone except the boy got to dip their poles in the water. My two oldest caught the only two fish of the day, one was pretty big. However, my second daughter actually snagged the largest fish in the pond. Unfortunately, her line broke and the bugger got away. Overall, the kids had a great time. But, I got a little overwhelmed by everyone vying for attention. I wish my wife could have been there.

Lately, I've been a little bit blue. I guess I'm still very disappointed that we didn't get the loan. To top it off, my dad came here on Friday and he started calling his friends on his cell phone asking if anyone wanted to buy a house. Apparently, his friend in a nearby town wants to sell his home for only $20,000 bucks. It frustrated me because he knows I want to buy a house. To top it off, he also called an old friend and talked to him about some money he loaned my sister to buy her house. It angered me because we asked my Dad a while back to see if that same friend would look at our business plan and consider funding our business. Of course, he said that his friend doesn't loan out money. HE LIED TO ME!!! It's nothing new. That's the way my Dad is. Of course, I could never tell him I'm upset about this because he would get a big kick out of it. He loves it when his kids fight for his attention. I guess I'll never understand my Dad. Sometimes I wish he never would have sired me.

To top it off my mother-in-law called a few days ago and started badgering my wife to get me to get a job and get off disability. She doesn't understand that I have to jump through these hoops before I can return to work in order to get reimbursed for my suffering, time, and loss wages due to this injury. I thought that I had a pretty good relationship with my in-laws. But, it seems that they still distrust me. I'm guessing that my father-in-law feels the same because he hasn't written in a while. It hurts alot. But, no one seems to understand.