Friday, July 26, 2002

I'm beginning to think that life is like a toilet bowl... and I'm a urine cake. Today our landlady called wanting to know why we haven't paid the rent. Yesterday we deposited the rent in her account because my disability check was severely delayed. She also asked us if we owned a dog, which we do not. Apparently, the handyman took a picture of the fence he just repaired and our cat was in the shot. She somehow thought our cat was a dog. I'm guessing that she was satisfied by our answers but it makes me very uptight when our landlord calls in a hostile manner. If we lost our house I don't know what we would do. The last time we were homeless it took us 6 months to find a place.

The time is coming closer for my Armenian friend to go to court. I'm hoping this will be the final hearing to determine if they are going to refile charges. He is totally stressed out and on edge about this whole thing. The Prosecutor has been digging around his history trying to find dirt on him. At this point I'd be willing to bet money that they do not refile charges. I hope I am right.

I got some stuff in the mail today about a local technical college I'm thinking about applying for. If I was to put in about two years I could get a degree in computer engineering and be on my way to a nice high paying job somewhere. At least I'd have a useful skill that way. Having only studied law enforcement, I'm uneasy about the possibility of moving somewhere and getting a job. Also, watching my friend go through his ordeal I'm conviced that law enforcement is way too political.