Saturday, July 27, 2002

Not since the siege of Jerkous has our house been in such an uproar. My eldest daughter is having her birthday party today which includes a slumber party. As you can guess I'm hiding in the corner.

On the upside, all my friends showed up today and we sat on the porch enjoying a few beers and BSing about everything. It was quite enjoyable. I so thoroughly enjoy the company of fine friends, and the ones I have here are some of the best people I've ever known. I ended up making a couple music CDs for people from my MP3 collection.

Tommorrow we plan to drive a couple hours south of here to attend a stunt school for my wife and daughter's cheerleading squad. It'll be nice to get away and take a trip. I'm really looking forward to it. This time of year I enjoy driving through the valley because of the smell of agriculture and irrigation. It remainds me of my youth growing up in the fields of Central California.

Finally, I realized today that I'm starting to snap out of my depression. Despite the fact that not much has changed, I think that just being in a better place than Mordor helps me to see hope for the future. I'm thinking about signing up for college next week.