Went to see my Dad yesterday. It turned out as usual with me coming home all pissed off because of what he said or did. We went out in the boonies to see a jeep that was for sale. My Dad said it was in decent shape but, it was a junker. The owner admitted it had transmission trouble and he did not have the title. What a wasted trip. The whole way home all my Dad could talk about was how when I go back to work I can get one and work on it. It really aggravates me when he talks that way. To me there is more to life than just working all the time. But, he was a company man, married to his job. He knows nothing else. I realized that when I'm on my Dad's turf I am very guarded and quick to take offense at what he says. But, when he comes here I am more open and I enjoy his company. It think it all stems from the fact that my Dad was good to me when my Mom and I lived away from him. But, when we lived with him he abused me.
On Friday night we went and saw "Sum of all Fears". Great movie, highly recommend!!! Had a good plot line that kept you going throughout the entire movie. It is another Tom Clancy classic that will be up there with "Hunt for Red October". I think also in the wake of 9/11 it speaks to the inner fears that Americans have. But, I'm sure the Producers knew that. My only criticism of the movie was one off-hand comment made about Armenia.
Also on Friday night we had the most intense lightning storm we've had around here in a long while. It reminded me of the storms I'd see in Arizona. It was thrilling. I layed on the bed in my room with the lights off and the curtains open just to watch the spectacle. Again, it's the little things I missed when I moved away from this place. Mordor be damned!!!
I finally heard back from Tess this morning. She dared to imply that I am wrong about her. She said everything is fine. Of course, she still didn't say she was moving here. But, she seemed pretty upbeat in her email. She says she plans to call soon. Of course, even if she does I still won't know her plans just because I won't ask because of my oath. I expect to see her at the end of this month when she comes here for her family reunion.
One last thing... I finally got my hands on a lawnmower. I mowed the grass in the front yard, and plan to tackle the back yard in a couple days. It's nice to have a lawn that looks halfway decent. I'm sure my neighbors are happy about it too.