Friday, May 31, 2002

My wife and I got a great deal at the local thrift store on a ceiling fan. It's quite a nice one. Yesterday we installed it in place of a non-functioning fan right above my head at the computer. As I write this I am enjoying it's soothing breeze.

For the past couple days I've been waking up early and lounging in the morning sun that comes through our bedroom window. It's warmer now, so we leave the window open all night. The cool night breeze and the distant sound of the trains rumbling through town really take me back. We used to live near the river alongside railroad tracks. In the summer we'd leave the window open all night and listen to the rushing waters and the occasional train. I grew up around trains with my Dad working for Southern Pacific and Amtrak all my life. So needless to say, when I hear a train it is soothing to me. Also, waking up gently in the morning does alot to keep me in a good mood throughout the day.

I wish I could make my friends and family understand how good this move home has been for me. I tend to harp on it alot and I think it irritates those around me. I know I need to let up. But, to me it's like finding gold and not telling anyone you did. Perhaps I am overdoing it, but I was in such a state of depression in Mordor that freedom is like getting a new lease on life. I wish my mother was still alive. I think she is the only one that would truly understand.

If I can just get our business going, our continued lives here would be guaranteed. Oh God please let it be so.