There's nothing like a walk in the woods to help me clear my head. Today my Son and I went to a place near here called Mott. It's the site of an old lumber town that's been long since abandoned. Now it's overgrown and people use it to dump garbage and old appliances. It's rather disgraceful to walk through the trash piles in the middle of the woods. It makes me ashamed of my fellow man. I thought about writing a grant to have the place cleaned up. However, I'm afraid that would mean a gate would be placed across the road to revent future dumping. It's such a nice place, I'd hate to limit access to honest people. It is such a same that a few lazy slobs have to ruin things for good people.
After passing the trash piles we hiked across the railroad tracks and found a nice place in the trees to sit and think. Somehow having my boy there is such a comfort to me. He's only 2 but he does so much to bolster my esteem. He looks to me for guidance and I am glad to be there to give it. He needs me and I swear I will be there for him, and be a better Father to him then my Father was to me.
Speaking of my Father... He wants me to go on a 4 X 4 excursion with him up in Oregon. I'm not so sure I want to go. It's like I said before, I'm leary of doing things on his turf. Not to mention, he refuses to let all my kids go with him on the trip. He doesn't understand that I feel guilty when I go someplace special without them. I am inclined to find an excuse not to go. We'll see what happens.