Monday, June 03, 2002

Once in a while a statement is made by someone that leaps out at my and leads me into a time of reflection and contemplation. Someone at an SCA meeting I went to yesterday said that life is a series of snapshots... Or something like that. Anyway, while it's not that intriging of a statement it does lead me to think about my current life. Each day I feel the need to get out of the house and hike in the woods or go visit friends. First off... It makes writing in my blog much easier and more interesting. But, it also makes me enjoy life that much more. To be able to say I am doing something, instead of not much is going on, is invaluable when conversing with family and friends. Life is about experiences and stories one can tell when we are old men and women bouncing our grandchildren on our knees.

Speaking of grandparents(great segway eh?) my Aunt wrote me an email this weekend telling me she contacted my grandfather through a medium. At first I was taken back.. But, after thinking about it for a while I found it really interesting. She said my grandfather was a quiet and contemplative man. Somewhat of a poet and philospher. In fact, I have his diary in my possesion, but it's written in Armenian so I can't read it. Anyway, she said my grandfather apologized to her for not being more involved in her life. He died of a heart attack when she was very young. In reflecting of my own experience since my Mom died, I have come to realize that the dead do visit us from time to time. And I strongly believe that my grandfather has been here to see us. I hope what he sees he approves of. I have a driving goal in me to make my kids the top priority in my life. To see that they learn about the world and how to survive. I want them to live fullfilling lives content that they have a family that loves them. I want them to feel like they belong to something great... I will build the Kalayjian empire in this town. May those who have gone before us help us through their prayers and intercessions.