Friday, May 03, 2002

What a great day!!!! It seems like everything just came through all at once today. First my wife got a bunch of Dark Eldar minis that she ordered on Ebay. Then, I got my disability check along with a note saying I don't have to send in periodic statements. I guess my doctor told them it would be a few months before I can return to work. I am so relieved, now I don't have to worry about money and can concentrate on getting well.

Also today we went to the city, paid our car payment and did some clothes shopping. It was nice because we've been a bit needy lately. My son got the best deal with 4 outfits including a Spiderman motif.

When we got home I had a big fat package on my doorstep with my Iron Warriors inside. I have so much painting to do it's pathetic. But, I'm that much closer to being done. That's good because I am really itching to play a game. When everything is done I'll have a huge Chaos army composed of close combat troops(Khorne berzerkers) and long rainge/siege warfare specialists(Iron Warriors).

We went and saw Spiderman the movie tonight. Not bad... It was pretty good. I was afraid they would overdo it with the computer graphics, but they didn't. The movie had a human element to it with fairly decent acting. I think Tobey McGwire was perfect for the role of Peter Parker. Also, it was good to see Willem Dafoe as the bad guy. I've always hated him since he starred in the "Last Temptation of Christ" It was satifying to see him get his butt kicked. Of course, I don't want to give away too much of the movie.

Lastly, I got an email today from Zouave. He said he's been off the computer for several weeks. It was a relief to me to finally hear from him, it was the topping to a perfect day. He says he still wants to head up my internet sales operation, which is good because I know he's the right man for the job.