Thursday, May 02, 2002

Well my daughter played her first real softball game of the season tonight. I am so very proud of her. Her team won 14 to 4 with my daughter scoring two runs herself. She played right field for two innings and then first base for three. One of the highights of the game was when she tried to steal second base and got hit in the head with the ball. She was hurt, but ended up playing through with a mark on her cheek. Later, while playing first, she caught a pop fly ending the fourth inning. She was a credit to her team and came away feeling very proud and sure of herself. For that, I thank God.

I admit that despite what I said earlier I am a bit hard on her about paying attention and doing a good job. But, in many ways she needs the attention to succeed. Whenever she does something on the field she looks to me for approval, and I am always quick to praise her. She is a good girl and I am very proud of her. I believe that I am living vicariously through her. Some may say that is bad but I think for her... it is good. She sees a side of me that I've never showed before, and she is being rewarded for positive behavior. I believe by the end of the year, with God's help, she will be a star player. We will see.

In other news, my wife and I went to look at a storefront in town today. It is the second floor of the old train depot in town. I like the spot and I think it has potential. It would almost exclude the possibility of in-store gaming. But, I think we can still encourage tournament play if we rent the local community center once a month for a game. The landlady likes our business concept, and she's willing to work with us. The space comes up for rent in June. Lets just hope our funding comes through by then.