Some say that life is a comedy. Nothing proves that more than the Worker's Compensation system. Today I got a letter from them setting the date they plan make a decision on my case... April 29th 2003. A whole year from now!!!!! I just can't believe it. What other organization would have the right to put somones claim for damages off this long. If I was negligent and someone got hurt I'd have to pay through the nose right away. I just don't get it. My bills are piling up and I can't even go find a job because of these jerks.
Today the weather cleared some and my daughter in pee wee softball was able to play her first game. She did good though she had a problem with paying attention. Tommorow my older daughter plays her first competative game.
Last night we watched Cast Away on DVD. I've seen the movie before but this time I was able to empathise more with the main character because of my own situation. It's funny how I used to take for granted so many things in my life. How I would act like I was invulnerable to everything. How I treated my kids like they would never grow up. How I put things off. But, now it's like I see things through my own mortality. I see children who are getting bigger and becoming more independant. How they need me. Perhaps one would call it a mid life crisis. I call it an epiphany. Each day, each experience is very important to them and me. The only way I can fail in life is if I don't take advantage of this opportunity to make a difference in 6 tiny lives. My own father was never there for me, and I'm often left to wonder if I was ever worth his time. To my kids, all my time is for them.