Well, it's been a while since I updated my journal. So, this is going to be a long entry.
Last week my buddy Emmrickus showed up for a visit. It was good to see him again. We played several games and stayed up late a couple nights talking about life etc. It was really good to see him and spend time with him. I hope we can do it again in the near future. He is a kindred spirit in many respects. Though I worry alot about him. More than he knows.
On Thursday we took everybody to go see Star Wars Episode II. Well, what can I say about it... George Lucas let me down. In the past, the Star Wars movies were serious sci fi with some comic relief. This movie was a romantic comedy with sci fi overtones. Now granted, I enjoyed the movie from the standpoint that it answered alot of questions. Like who the Lar's were and how they came to be related to Anakin. It also explained about Boba Fett. But, everything else was just ridiculous. It catered to a very young audience and lost alot of the seriousness of the first three movies. Then of course there was the lightsaber duel involving the "Gremlin from Hell"
On Saturday my daughter played against the best softball team in the league, and it was one of the most exciting games I've seen yet. Our team just simply fell apart and could not catch a ball to save their lives. At one point the girls were 7 points ahead. Then in one inning the opposing team scored 10 runs. Then they struck out our team in quick succession. It came down to final inning when our third baseman made a double play and raised the moral of the team. On their last at bat they tied the score and then won in sudden death innings. I firmly believe that the constant cheering and encouragement by the adults kept our team alive. Now they remain the only undefeated team in the league with a 5-0 record. However, the coach says that may change in the tournament next month.
Last night I let myself be talked into taking Emmrickus home to Mordor. About halfway there I started regretting the decision to take him just because the road over there is so crappy. To top it off, when I got there I tried calling my honey several times and there was no answer. So, I got worried and decided to head right back. I made it 50 miles down the road before I had to pull over to sleep. Then another 60 miles in a stopped at a rest area and ended up barfing after walking in the bathroom. Someone had defiled it rather thoroughly. Finally, at about 7 this morning I made it home and fell sleep for most of the day. I was so car sick I could barely move. Ends up, nothing was wrong. My wife was so soundly asleep she didn't hear the phone. DOH!!!