Thursday, May 30, 2002

I took 3 of my daughters and my son out in the woods today to shoot the musket. My second daughter got to fire the gun a couple times coming pretty close to the target. Again, because of my weak shoulder, I was a bit shaky in my shooting. However, I was able to hit the target dead center after three tries. Then as we were leaving my middle daughter got in serious trouble for pointing the rifle at her sisters. Needless to say I came down on her hard.

On our hike I found a very curious flat spot along Ney springs. I believe it might have been a homestead at one time. But, I did not see a foundation or any other signs of civilization. I hope to explore the area at length in the near future. I'm trying to find the road that the early settlers used to get to the sulphur springs.

My second daughter played another great game tonight. She hit the ball twice and scored both times. She also got a double play while playing first base. Her team remains undefeated.