My daughter played another softball game last night. They won 15 to 0. I felt bad for the opposing team. But, our girls are just great hitters. My daughter hit the ball a couple times but never actually scored. She did bring in two runs. I watched another team from a nearby town play that we haven't actually played yet. They were pretty good, they had a great defense. But, I never actually saw them hit a ball. The opposing pitcher mostly walked them into scoring. However, when a strike was thrown they wouldn't swing at it. It'll be interesting to see what happens when we play them next week.
Last night at the game I had a bit of an epiphany. I felt the warm winds on my back and heard a train blow into town. For some reason it made me realise the abundance of blessings that have been bestowed upon me. I said a very heartfelt prayer, which I haven't done in a long time. I had been so wrapped up in the cycle of the Church that somehow I had forgot how to have a relationship with Christ. I think that is the failing of the catholic type religions(not that protestants do much better). Don't get me wrong, I still have faith in the Church but, I have no faith or even kinship with the people therein. I've just been hurt too bad by so called "Christians". Somehow, I think this whole experience of an injury, being out of work, and moving back home has brought me closer to God. Closer in a way that I have never experienced before.
I think I'm also coming to grips and really examining who my friends really are. I know this has been a subject of many a past blogs. But, it seems to me that a real friend is one who stays in touch. Asking about how my life is going and telling me about theirs on a regular basis. There are so many people out there that associate with me(and you know who you are) and only contact me when they want something. I need more in a friendship. I want to plan and do things with my friends. Talk about philosphy, religion and politics. Not keep myself on hold until they want me to do something with them. Soon I'll be in business for myself and I bet they'll come out of the woodwoork wanting a job or a piece of the action. My answer will be no. It'll seem like I made it and forgot about those around me. But, my goal is to tap into people that are honest and true. When I had my first business several years ago I had a person that I trusted stab me in the back, making me lose the business. I won't let that happen again. It seems to me that a true friend is a precious thing, while fair weather friends are a dime a dozen.