Sunday, October 17, 2004

Entropy Bubble

Well, here we sit. Still holding up at our friends house making their lives miserable. The situation is the same as last week at this time. Still drifting across the dark side of the moon. If life is like riding the surf, with ups and downs with the waves, then we are sitting on a still sea at low tide. I just can't see any relief in sight. It's amazing how one man can hold up an entire process.

To boot, Tess has stopped communicating with us. We would normally get an email from her every two weeks or so. Now, we get nothing and her email is not valid anymore. I just don't know what is happening with her and we are worried.

It's rainy and miserable here today. Our stuff on the porch is probably getting wet. But, there is nothing I can do about it. We found our cat a few days ago, but he ran away again. He feuds with the cats here and ends up taking off. I can only imagine what is going through his mind.

The past few days I've been playing alot of paintball. Perhaps to get my mind off my troubles. Anyway, I am quite sore from the experience. Regardless, it has been fun. I think I'm losing a bit of weight from the exercise. That and hardly eating. I guess something positive will come from this.

Overall though, a sense of despair has settled over me. I'm finding it hard to pray or be hopeful. I kinda feel like I'm just drifting. I really don't know what to do. I wish my Mom was here to give me advice. Come to think of it, no one is around to give me advice or direction.

I am set adrift on an ocean of despair clinging to the tiny scraps of spintered wood called hope. I may drown before this is over.