Thursday, October 21, 2004

I still have teeth

It's a terrible thing to realize that you love someone with all your heart yet you don't really like them. That pretty much sums up my relationship with my oldest daughter. She is so conceited and selfish it is hard to be around her. She also has this real streak of dishonesty. All my life I have strove to only be around people I can trust. Now I have to live with one and call her my relative.

The dentist visit went well today. I guess my mouth is still pretty much in need of work but it hasn't really got any worse.

The prospects for a house are still a disaster. No rentals in the paper to speak of and the mortgage broker says it'll be two more weeks before we can close escrow. I found out over the weekend that the seller is has lost his business and is living in a travel trailer. He is anxiously waiting for the money from this sale in order to get his life back on track.

Tess has flown the coop on us. I've been trying to get her brother to call her and when he finally does she doesn't want to talk to me. Her email account is closed, and she has apparently written us off. I've said it once and I'll say it again, it never ceases to amaze me how when times get hard the fair-weather friends scamper away like roaches. It hurts me though that she would do this when we need her emotional support the most. So many promises broken.

The tide is lower still...