Monday, October 11, 2004

The beginning of the end

Well, it is Monday and this is the start of the week in which our mortgage is supposed to go thru. It's been almost a month in escrow and our stay at our friends house is entering its third week. As I said before I am tired and fed up with this process. Essentially, the main hold up has been the appraiser. However, his report was supposed to have been filed on Friday. I just worry that there will be another hold up at this point.

Even if there is I don't think we are gonna hold out past this week. The local paper comes out on Wednesday and I plan to start calling around for a rental then. Perhaps by this weekend it'll be over one way or the other. I just can't ask my family to live like this while I wait for someone to shuffle papers across their desk. They have beds and warm homes to sleep in,we don't. I am deeply sad that we would come so close to realizing our dream. Maybe we were never really that close.

Yesterday I was about brought to tears by a trip we made to the city. In years past we attended the St. George Greek Orthodox Church and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. However, yesterday we found that the parish had been disbanded and the priest sent back east. We were met by a lady that basically told us that internal politics tore the congregation apart. Of all the things that would destroy a Church! The Early Christians had Roman persecution to worry about. We have the specter of pride and selfishness.

We are the dispossesed, the pariahs of society. There will be no respite for ones such as us. No place will be made to rest our weary heads.