Thursday, July 08, 2004

Well my foray into paintball was exciting. My first time out I didn't get hit once. However, I also didn't fire a single shot. We played at night and basically got lost. Then, yesterday we went to the same patch of woods during the day and went at it. I ended up getting caught in a cross fire and nailed in the ribs. Then later I plugged one of my opponents at long range right in the head. At that point I couldn't get enough and was ready to spend the rest of the summer lobbing paint at everyone. I am definitely hooked!! I'm sure I'll be posting more about this new found obsession in the next several days.

In other news, I got in a big fight with my daughter the other day about the type of music she listens to. Basically she likes the inner-city black pop music that absolutely drives me crazy. In my view, I have lived all my life in backwater rural areas. I have absolutely no interest in the inner-city culture/beat/lifestyle. It stirs my gizzard to hear that sound in my house or even my town. It's not a racial thing at all it's a cultural thing. Inner-city ghetto life is something I abhor. The worst thing is that I have to put up with it on TV and at public events. As if the "popular" taste in music must be everyone's favorite. The heart of the matter is that I do not like to be told what I must like. That's why certain public figures whom everyone says are beautiful/talented but, I find butt ugly or annoying I hate(for instance Julia Roberts, Willem Dafoe, Alyssa Milano, Shania Twain, Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez etc, etc... the list goes on and on).

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform."

Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904