Monday, July 05, 2004

Had an enjoyable 4th of July celebration last night. I went over to a friends house and had a potluck. I ate way too many hot wings and sat out in the sun a bit too long. But, it was nice to hang out with friends and enjoy the summer day.

I was also pleased that my daughters came back from a Civil War Reenactment they went to with their grandfather. I really did miss having them around. In fact, before they got home I was thinking about how lonely it would be around the house to only have 3 kids. Strange eh?

To my great delight I got to sit and talk with my Armenian friend for quite some time. I may help him out with some training for the local police department. More on that later.

I also got to hang out and visit with my old pal Jerkous. He is up here visiting for the holidays. This is the first time I've seen him in well over a year. He is doing well. However, I'm worried about him because he seems to be drinking too much. He is a veteran of the NA/AA groups because of problems with drinking. I've never had a problem with him having a beer or two at my house. But, when he drinks almost my whole 12 pack of beer and then goes to the BBQ and drinks at least a half dozen cups of beer, that is cause for concern. However, I don't think I'll talk to him much about it. Unfortunately, like my older brothers, he comes from a generation that seems to thrive on self-destruction.