Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Today as a relaxed floating on my back at our favorite swimming hole I began to ponder something. Why do people choose to wait until they are old to have children. My mother was 35 years old when she had me. I realize that she was still young but by the time I was in my teens she was in her 40's going on to 50. We never did much together because she never seemed to have the energy or the ambition after working all day.

What made me think of this was watching a 40 something woman in a horrible bikini following around an infant at the lake. I thought at first she may have been a grandparent or something. But, my intuition told me she was the childs mom. I also wondered at those type of parents that simply follow a child around letting them do what they want like they are the slave/nanny to some prince/princess. Is it any wonder why we have a whole society of spoiled brats?

I had a weird run-in with Tess the other day. I made a very rare call her brother for some off-the-wall reason and she happened to be there. She was headed back home and stopped by briefly to see her Dad. Anyway, it was like a lemon for both my wife and I to see her. Both sweet and sour. Overall, Tess seemed ecstatic to see us. However, her jealous boyfriend seemed less-than-happy as usual. Apparently, she cannot have any friends male or female because of him. I think that Tess sometimes plays off of that and sets out to make him jealous for whatever reason. For us that is just too hard to deal with and we are to the point when we dread for her to make her annual trip up here.

Tonight I go to make my first foray into the world of paintball. I'll tell you how it went tommorrow.