I think I am at a bit of a crossroads with my future right now. I am still interested in working for the railroad. But, I can't get hired because I just don't have any related experience. So, I came across a school in the Central Valley that has an 8 week training course for railroad conductors, and another course following for railroad engineers. Needless to say I am interested but I am unsure whether I'd get hired afterwards.
On the otherhand, I could get recertified as a police officer and maybe go to work for the local department. There is a place in the central valley that offers a 9 week course.
However, I just don't know if I'd get hired again or whether I even want to work in law enforcement again. At least working for the railroad I am assured to make a decent wage and can take time off pretty much whenever I want.
I know to whoever reads this it sounds like I've pretty much made up my mind. But, I have to do a bit more research before the final decision is made.
In other news, the girls won their first game of the tee-ball tournament today. i got kinda frustrated watching them just because they keep screwing up and won't do things the right way. But, after calming down and observing other kids on the field I realized that my kids aren't that bad. Tommorrow they play again.