I'm more than a little shook up today... My Dad called me from Southern California to tell me he just got out of ICU after having a heart attack. As far as I know this is the first time he's had something like this happen. I don't know how bad the attack was but I imagine it was pretty bad. I guess he's coming home soon. I'll find out more then. I do know that I'm going to have to take a much more active role in helping him in the future.
I know I've said alot of bad things about my Dad in the past. And for many years I've borne a tremendous grudge against him. But, this kind of thing makes it easy to forget about such things. I realized when my Mom died in 2000 that he was the only parent I really had left in the world. It is a bit scary facing the prospect of being alone in the world. True, my Dad has never done much to help me. But, to not have the morale support is the worst thing.
In other news, we've been getting lucky lately. The local drug store has been remodeling and they are selling off some of their old display cases. So far we've picked up two glass cases and a large magazine rack for our store. As I said before it's the little things that add up that makes us at least feel like we're getting closer to opening our store. I just hope the momentum keeps up.