Friday, October 11, 2002

Well, sorry I haven't updated this thing in a while. With my Dad's condition and ongoing stress with everything else, I've been too busy to do much on the internet besides read email.

My Dad underwent heart bypass surgery today in Modesto. I can't talk to him directly but from what I understand he came through with flying colors and is now sleeping soundly in ICU. I'm not sure if he had a double or a triple bypass. Unfortunately, this means he has to slow his life down. No more 4X4 excursions for a while or long trips around the world. I know that is gonna be the hardest on him. I always feared that if my Dad stopped traveling it would herald the end of his days. Time will tell.

On Monday I drove to our illustrious state capitol to see the Doctor about my injury. This examination is to determine the extent of my injury, to establish my level of disability, and my eligibility for vocational rehabilitation. Unfortunately, this doctor takes about a month to issue any reports or findings. So, that means I'm left waiting... Again! Also, I was informed by my lawyer today I will no longer receive temporary disability benefits. All the money the insurance company sends me will be taken from my final settlement. So, that means tommorrow I go to the local unemployment office to find a temporary job to get us by until we get a settlement.

Finally, Bear has been writing me lately telling me about his move to Oregon. He asked me to find his grandfather's rifle for him. Well, I did but it's gonna cost him a chunk of change to get it back. I'm committed to helping him get his family heirloom, but I am suspicious of his sincerity. At this point I'm positive that he is being nice to me because he wants something from me. In many ways I still wish we could be friends again. Perhaps this will be the ultimate test.