Saturday, September 28, 2002

Another day and no new information about my workmans comp case. I spoke to my lawyer today but she was unable to shed much light on what is happening. It now depends on what the insurance company decides to do next. I may get Vocational rehab which can be used to help us get our business going. We may also settle the case in the next couple months. Again it all depends on what the insurance company wants to do. I do know one thing... I want a reckoning from them. It was their dely in treatment for me that led to the worsening of this injury. The worsening is what puts me out of my chosen vocation. So, when it comes time to negotiate a settlement I won't give an inch. I will use this whole mess to turn things around for this family.

I've been reading up on the revised edition of the Chaos Codex for Warhammer 40K. Wow!!! I am excited about this new book. I was worried that they would screw things up. But, it seems as though they really worked hard to make this new system flexible and workable. I'm looking forward to converting my army over to the new rules. However, it'll be next month before I have the new Codex in my hot little hands. I guess it's the little thing we look forward to that makes life worth living.

I noticed today that the leaves are starting to fall from the bush in front of our house. Also, our giant oak is dropping acorns like mad. I expect to have the kids raking leaves in the next few weeks. It's kinda nice to watch the changing seasons. In Mordor it never changed. I still constantly thank God that I'm free from that place.