Oh woe is me... I made my last visit to the doctor today regarding my shoulder. Seeing little or no improvement from the cortizone shot, he declared me "permenant and stationary". In insurance/workmans comp talk that means there is nothing more they can do for me. He said I could have still have surgery. But, he sees little benefit from cutting on me. I'd have about a 50/50 chance of seeing improvement. As a consequence I am now permenantly partially disabled and in the words of my doctor "unable to return to my former profession". So, my law enforcement career is kaput. The good news is that I qualify for vocational rehab. Whatever that turns out to be.
Needless to say this whole thing has kinda left me blue today. I have no idea what the future holds. I'll talk more with my lawyer tommorrow and I should have a better idea what happens from here.