Thursday, August 22, 2002

Today was not a good day. I picked up the local paper and found an article on the front page about how the city is running out of time to award small business loans to local residents. Apparently, they have until September 30th to give out over $500,000 dollars in loan funds, or else they lose the money. So far they committee has only gave out $70,000 dollars of that money. This is an outrage. Here I am an able bodied person with a smokin business plan yet, I can't get these bastards to give us a loan.

My wife called the committee liason again and this time he told us we were denied because of our credit. Last time he said the committee did not understand the business proposal. Something is not right in this thing, and I am getting very angry!!! If they lose the funds without giving out anymore loans I have half a mind to sue. It says clearly in the paper that the money is intended for low income people who can't get conventional funding. Time will tell I guess. But, I feel like someone who has been discriminated against.

Also on my plate today was a return trip to the dentist. I have to wait 5 weeks for approval to get my crown. So, I ended up getting 5 cavities filled. Yuck!! Fortunately, I won't have to worry about my teeth getting worse on that one side. Next visit, I'll get my crown put in and 3 more teeth filled. Unfortunately, at this point in my life I have to admit that dentists are a necessary evil.