Thursday, July 04, 2002

Yesterday I took the kids to a place called Orr Lake to do some fishing and to see Tess. The short story is that we caught one small fish and got to visit for about an hour with Tess. It was good to see her. She looked really good. In fact, it's the best I've ever seen her look. Unfortunately, I was unable to talk to her about anything because there was always someone around. I found myself wanting to give her a big hug and a kiss, but her boyfriend was around so she kept her distance from me.

Speaking of her boyfriend, I don't like him. In fact, I think I hate him. He looks a little like me but, that's where the similarities end. He struck me as a beligerant redneck and acted "stand-offish" to me. I think he knew I was a former boyfriend of Tess. I was also irritated by the way he talked to her. Though I know that he is not physically abusive of Tess like her ex-husband, I sensed that he was at least emotionally abusive of her. I felt like running him through.

We plan to return to Orr Lake on Friday so that my wife can visit Tess. It'll be funny to watch because my sweetie won't tolerate a beligerant redneck. Especially if she senses that he is abusive in any way to her friend. Tess may be leaving him and moving here sooner than she thinks.