Tuesday, July 02, 2002

Well, It's the height of Summer here. It's very warm and the days are lazy for everyone. In a few days we'll have the 4th of July celebration. I plan to take the kids out to the lake to see the firework show. Hopefully my darling wife can make enough money in the next few days from tips to buy some fireworks for us to set off.

I'm kinda upset today because my Armenian friend stood me up... AGAIN! We were supposed to get together to haul some stuff to the dump. It really bugs me when he does that. I can't help but take it personally. He talks so much about being my "Armenian Brother". But, he's just not there when I need him. I've tried to be there for him. I'm so sick and tired of fair weather friends. The ones who only come around when things are good. When we can offer something to them. My "friend" Stout came over yesterday. I asked him what's going on and he said he just stopped by to see how we were doing. Then, in almost the same breath he asked to borrow some books from me. DAMN!!! I haven't seen the guy for weeks and when he does come over it's to get something from me.

I guess it's safe to say that I have but one friend, besides my wife, that I can count on.