Friday, July 05, 2002

Took the wife to Orr Lake today to see Tess and to do some fishing. Had a great time, though the two youngest kids were very cranky from being sick. It was kinda hilarious because Tess came to our camp to visit and some time later her "boyfriend" drove his truck over to see what she was doing. She ended up leaving our camp to return to him. Before she left though she said she was definately moving here in August and that she plans to bring her son with her.

Speaking of her son, I think that is gonna be a major sticking point in her plans. She intends to send him here to visit her parents and then use his trip to make the move over. But, I think she is asking for major trouble from her ex-husband. She seems to think that she knows best in this matter. I hope she is right. Frankly, I fear for her. She's burning alot of people in this move.

I think my wife doesn't believe that Tess will move here, and in some ways I see her point of view. Tess hasn't done much to prepare for the move. And she seems very content with her life now. It's hard because I'd like to see her move here. She's a good friend and someone that we can trust. Im confident that she won't screw us over like everyone else has seemed to be doing lately. Also, I feel in my heart that Tess is someone we could trust in helping us start our business. In many ways her presence here would be like adding someone to our family. I just fear that everything will fall apart at the last minute.

Tonight the wife and I went to see Men in Black II. Now I should say as a rule of thumb I dislike sequels. But, this one was funny. The plot was a little hollow but overall it was entertaining. I'd recommend it to anyone. Also, I got to see the trailer for Lord of the Rings, the Two Towers. Oh my God!!! I just can't wait. An insider friend of mine at Games Workshop said that this next movie is supposed to have 30 minutes of straight battle scenes. I think that Momoka will be happy because Legolas gets plenty of screen time. But, I'm sure the movie will still be good(Elves, Yuck!!!).