Monday, May 06, 2002

Happy Pascha everyone. Today is Eastern Orthodox Easter. Frankly, I've been so out of touch with Church that I didn't realize it was Pascha until today. Orthodox Easter used to be my favorite Church celebration. The end of Lent, and the dawning of a new season. But, the last few Paschal celebrations at the Orthodox Church in Mordor left me empty and sad. There was so much bad blood in that place for me that I could not even give proper worship to Christ. My challenge in the next year is to realign myself with the Church and find the joy in religion again.

Today we spent some time out at the lake. It was warm enough to go swimming but we didn't. I layed out in the sun with my wife while the kids played in the forest. It was nice, Spring is turning towards Summer and life is turning slow and enjoyable. Frankly, I was kinda quiet today just basking in the joy of life.

Heard some interesting news... a friend of mine who works at the local ski park talked with their promotions director recently. He mentioned that I had several years experience working in radio on a morning show. The director is apparently interested in possibly hiring me next season to do on-air promotions around the area, namely in Mordor where I used to work. I really like the idea of going on the air with my old buddies giving away snow boards and ski passes. Lets hope it works out.

Lastly I heard from Stout today that he saw another old friend of mine, Valkyrie-X, in Burger King. Stout said he mentioned that we were living in the area and she said that she had heard. Hmmmmm... I sent her an email several months ago saying hi and she didn't respond. Valkyrie-X is very reclusive and I imagine she purposefully failed to respond because she didn't want to talk to me. I doubt that she knows anyone that I know here. Which leads me to think she had no other way to know that we moved here besides actually receiving that email. So, I'm plagued with yet another person trying to avoid me. I must really be an a*shole!! It's unfortunate because she knows alot about anime and I'm wanting to pick her brain about adding anime DVDs to my store inventory. I think she's reclusive because she fears that I'll reveal something about her past. Frankly, I wasn't even aware of a past associated with her worth being ashamed of.