Tuesday, May 07, 2002

Another win for my daughter's softball team. Everyone on her team played extremely well, They won by over ten points(frankly I lost count). However, my daughter had a hard lesson in sportsmanship. She made an off hand, rude comment after the game to one of the opposing players. The poor girl just hung her head and walked away but I jumped all over my daughter about it. We were originally going to Round Table pizza to celebrate, but it got nixed because of that incident. I was sorry to cut short her happiness. But, she needs to know not to kick someone when they're down. For all we know that girl may quit softball because of that. We are all condemned by our tongues.

This week I have been working on assembling my Iron Warriors. So far, I have two squads together and primered. However, I have alot of painting to do. I guess I'm not in a big hurry since I'm not going to Kublacon. But, I want to get them done to see them all before me. My wife has promised to assemble her Dark Eldar so we can play game soon. Also, my friend AmonRa in Mordor said he wants to come over with his Orks this summer to play a game. I hope he can, I really like playing against him. My hope is that I can kick some Orky butt to get him back for stomping me last time.

Finally, I heard from the owner of that store we wanted in the old Depot in town. She agreed to rent to someone else. But, she said if it falls through she'll call me. My wife originally had reservations about that spot just because of it's size. I liked it alot because of it's location. Oh well, I guess we'll start the search again. As a side note, we got the last of our information in to the loan agent today. We should hear something in a few days.