Thursday, November 16, 2006

Awakening

I'm never sure what brings about acute self-analysis in me. Perhaps it comes when I grow tired of my own shortcomings and desire to start doing something about them.

Of late, I've been going to school and playing online games alot, too much in fact. I feel like I have been ignoring my kids, my wife, and my responsibilities around the house.

My desire for my life and our future is to get a job doing something I like that pays well. I think I can accomplish that with welding. I do not intend to be a production welder. I want to be a fabricator and a freelance welder. I want to get paid for working with my hands, the thing I love doing the most.

Master Emmerich is moving back to the mountains. He has finally had his fill of Mordor and wants to come back home. I have to say that I am thrilled to the core. I have missed my old friend painfully and I eagerly look forward to making many more memories with him. I have never told him but it was his friendship that helped me to grow up a bit and see the world in a different light.