Thursday, April 12, 2007

Up and unto war

My Dearest Wife,

This week the prince has called up the Theme and I am off to war. I have made all the necessary repairs to my armor and I think I am ready. It is a shame that so soon after Holy Pascha we are going to put men to the sword. But, I have oaths to fullfill. Not to mention if the infidel in the Mists win, they could threaten our homes.

Take heart my love, and believe that Christ will see us carry our banners to victory. But, if I fall then I ask that you pray for my soul. Take care of my daughters and look after my rabbit. If you get hungry you may eat him.

I will look after Hovannes and see that he eats enough. I know he is a bit young to follow me and the army so far a distance. But, these trials will make him stronger. With God's grace he will someday be a leader of men.

Know that I will always love you.

In Christ's service,

Leo Diogenes