Today is me Mum's birthday. Happy Birthday Mum, God rest your soul.
I think my brain shut down waiting for money to get the biz going, so I started obsessing about finishing my armor. I bought a new leather punch and I spent all day today making lamellar plates. My hands are sore, and I think I have already bent the leather punch. But, I have a smashing plan for making my klibanion look very period. I have to buy a few more leather plates, a new punch, and a chainmail shirt. Sometimes I think projects make life worth living.
I started a bit of a fast this week. Not for religious purposes but for health purposes. Bubba has got me into this bad habit of eating fast food everyday. Well, last week it came down to my body going into rebellion and leaving me feeling sick. So, I've swore off all fast food for a while. Then, when Lent comes around I am considering stopping all sweets, soda, ice cream, and eating out. I tried doing the strict Orthodox fast and it leaves me feeling miserable. I find myself lusting after food and losing all sense of spirituality. If I pick something that is dear to me and give it up then I think it'll be a bit more meaningful.
I don't remember what I wrote for a movie review for the movie "King Arthur" but I watched it again yesterday and found it to be total crap. I think the director/writer had it in for Christians in general and had a poor sense of a reasonable and believeable storyline. Not to mention he/she didn't know crap about history.
Did I ever mention that I hate Walmart, and I love my house?