Monday, January 31, 2005

A frantic weekend

I am trying my best to recover from this past weekend. First, I took a trip to Oregon to do some shopping for a few things I need. Well, I ended up spending way too much and I came back with a load of items. Good stuff, albeit a bit too much.
While I was there I was reminded why I despise the city life. Traffic, hustle and bustle, waiting in line for EVERYTHING! It was miserable. However, the best part about it is when I got home I had a deeper appreciation for my mountains.

Then, on Sunday my youngest daughter had her birthday party down at the lounge. We did the usual party things. I was able to get her several gifts that I think she loved.

Finally, the goons came over for another late night game. We started playing Ravenloft. Great module, but I'm afraid it may be lost on these guys.

Leeward made a complete ass out himself many times last night. I'm not sure what is up with him. First, he grabbed a couple slices of pizza from the previous birthday party without even asking. We were saving the last few slices for lunch today. Then, when the game was over he announced that he was not going to the game convention this month and wouldn't give a reason for dropping out. We had all been planning on going for almost a year, and he had allegedly been saving money for the trip. The worst part is the people he was sharing a room with will now have to pay a bigger share to cover his absence. Frustrating to say the least.

In other news, we are but a day away from getting our inventory for our store. The funny thing is that I'm getting all the stock tomorrow but the shelving and merchandising material won't arrive till the end of the week. Go figure!